Bringing an innovative Crohn’s Disease therapy to a local market
UNDERSTANDING LOCAL TREATMENT DYNAMICS
A pharmaceutical company aims to bring an innovative therapy to a local market. The therapy is a minimally invasive therapy for a very debilitating complication of Crohn’s Disease for which an acceptable treatment is unavailable at the moment.
The company asked Vintura to assess the local market potential and required investments for bringing this new therapy to the market.
The results are being used as input for the launch strategy and –plan.
INSIGHTS IN POTENTIAL AND REQUIRED INVESTMENTS
Vintura collected data using desk research and 23 interviews with specialists, hospital pharmacists, department heads and patient representatives. This provided insights in:
- Positioning of the therapy in the local care pathway;
- Number of eligible patients/yr;
- Hospitals equipped to offer the therapy;
- Hospitals investments needed to offer the therapy;
- Decision-making processes for prescribing the therapy;
- Trajectory for acquiring reimbursement and financing.
MEETING AN UNMET NEED OF PATIENTS
The research was used as input to the (pre-)launch strategy. We helped our client with getting a clear and realistic view of the challenges and opportunities in the local market for this ground-breaking product. We are proud that we were able to help the client in bringing this complex new therapy to patients with a high unmet need.