Market access in pharma
The core objective of pharmaceutical market access teams is to ensure that patients in need have timely and sustained access to (new) treatments. However, today’s market access environment is more challenging than ever before, putting patient access to life saving treatments in jeopardy
The market access challenge continues
Continuous technological advances and demographic trends will put additional pressure on healthcare budgets, forcing payers to take austerity measures and scrutinize budget allocation decisions. Payers want to see increasingly compelling and real-life evidence of a drug’s superior value combined with pricing and payment schemes that will minimize risk for their healthcare system
Excellent market access teams are ready to face these challenges by:
- developing market access strategies focussed on demonstrating real value and minimizing risk for the organization and external stakeholders;
- organizing in cross-functional teams that are involved in early development (latest from phase II onwards);
- collaborating with national and local payers to ensure timely and honest feedback on market access strategies, dossiers and solutions.
How we help you navigate this challenging environment
Our extensive national and international experience in strategy and organizational change in the pharmaceutical industry, combined with access to internal and external subject matter expertise, positions us as your go-to-partner for your market access challenges. Our solutions in the market access area are structured across four capabilities:
- Strategy: develop compelling pricing, reimbursement and market access strategies.
- Demonstrate value: support business case development demonstrating superior value.
- Organization: organize for market access success.
- Payer network: obtain timely and honest feedback via our payer network.
Figure 1: Four Market Access Capabilities
read more about the 4 capabilities in market access
Market access expertise with strong academic basis
We ensure our market access advisory projects are strongly linked to latest academic insights through our Associate Partner Prof. dr. Lieven Annemans. Prof. dr. Lieven Annemans is professor of Health-Economics at Ghent University. He is one of Europe’s leading experts in health economics and HTA. Annemans is a sought-after advisor and educator to health policy makers and pharma and device companies. He is highly respected for his vast international and cross-therapeutic experience and is the academic backbone of our Market Access practice.